KETO KETCHUP RECIPE
My keto tomato ketchup is ready, now all I need is some fries.
Wondering where to dip your chicken nuggets?
Well, here is a very simple keto ketchup recipe to the rescue that exactly will take just 5 mins to blend and 5 mins to cook next.
Homemade tomato sauce is always a healthier option to any store-bought ketchup.
This post contains affiliate links which means I will receive a small amount of commission if you purchase through the link.
Is ketchup allowed on keto?
Ketchup is made from tomatoes. So, yes it is keto.
Here are 19 other vegetables that are keto.
What ketchup is keto-friendly?
Un-sweetened ketchup is keto-friendly. But it is unlikely to find tomato ketchup from the market that will abide by all the keto rules.
So, for a keto diet, I will always make my own ketchup.
Ketchup that has no sugar in it.
How is this keto ketchup different from traditional ketchup?
Ketchup contains a lot of sugar, and even corn syrup to make it sweet and desirable.
Surely the sugar content does not go with the keto diet.
This is a keto version of traditional ketchup without sugar and pretty low carbs.
HOW TO MAKE THE SUGAR-FREE KETO TOMATO KETCHUP
- 4 Tomatoes (400 gm)
- 1 very small onion
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Red chili
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 4 drops of stevia (optional)- Check out on Amazon
1. Cut the tomatoes and onion into small pieces.
2. Blend all the ingredients together in a mixer for a minute (except butter) until the tomatoes get fully smashed up.
3. Take a medium-sized pan and put it to sim.
4. Add the butter and allow it to melt completely.
5. Pour the ingredients into the pan and bring it to a boil while at the sim.
6. Every 2 minutes give it a stir.
7. Let it thicken to the consistency you want your keto ketchup to be.
HOW TO STORE TOMATO KETCHUP
Store it in a glass vessel with a lid.
It will easily stay fresh for up to a week or 2 when kept in the refrigerator.
Sometimes it may get separated. Give it a stir, and it will be once again ready to use.
If it gets thicker by storing long in the fridge then reheat by adding 1/2 cup of water and bring it to the desired consistency.
My Take on Keto Ketchup Recipe
This is one of the keto condiments which I keep handy.
I may add it to curries to any keto meals to make it tangy.
Best Keto Ketchup (No Sugar) RecipeCourse: Uncategorized
A tangy low carb and sugar-free keto ketchup. This tomato ketchup is perfect for a chicken crisp dip or any crispy keto appetizers.
4 Tomatoes (400 gm)
1 very small onion
1/2 inch Ginger
3 cloves of Garlic
3 tsp butter
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 Green Chillies
1 Red chili
2 tbsp vinegar
4 drops of stevia (optional)
- Cut the tomatoes and onion into small pieces.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a mixer for a minute (except butter) until the tomatoes get fully smashed up.
- Take a medium-sized pan and put it to sim.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt completely.
- Pour the ingredients into the pan and bring it to a boil while at the sim.
- Every 2 minutes give it a stir.
- Let it thicken to the consistency you want your keto ketchup to be.
- Serving Size= 1 tbsp
- Check for how to store the ketchup within the post.
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories25
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 1.1g 2%
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5g 2%
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 4%
- Sugars 1.9g
- Protein 0.6g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.